Thursday 8 July 2010

07/07

Haven' t really been very raw lately. But have got lots of sunshine and lots of exercise. Midweek, I do between 1-2 hours of cardio and then I do about 1 and 1/2 hours of walking. I start the day with a 40 minute walk at 7am, and the more I do it, the easier it gets.

I've been doing a lot of cooking lately:

vegan goulash with chive dumplings
Vegan goulash with dumplings

vegan paella
Vegan paella

saffron-scented vegetable tagine
Vegan saffron-scented vegetable tagine

babycorn dahl
Vegan babycorn dahl

tiramisu cupcakes
Vegan Tiramisu cupcakes

The goulash and tagine are from Louise's Pickford's 200 Veggie Feasts, and the paella and dahl are from Everyday Vegetarian (Parragon). The books aren't 100% vegan, but they can be bought really cheap. The cupcakes are from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. I didn't have enough soy milk so they were a bit more sugary than usual. I was also out of choc chips to put on top.

To even things out a bit:

green smoothie

Green smoothie

Smoothie is 1/2 pineapple, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup of OJ and 2 handfuls of mixed watercress/rocket/spinach.

I love green smoothies!

I got some Floravital (vegan Floradix- no honey) from Holland & Barrett (who are doing buy one get one half price. yay!), and some PreBio 7v probiotics. I love the taste of Floravital. Am I sick? :) I've never really tried a lot of probiotic stuff. I'd like to make my own kombucha and water kefir one day. I'll stick with the capsules for now.

In general, I'm feeling pretty damn good!

iguana eating papaya

This is an iguana eating papaya from my trip to Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment