Monday 26 July 2010

25/7

raw vegan chocolate mousse
Raw chocolate mousse

vegan shepherds pie
Mediterranean veg shepherds pie

The raw mousse is 2 tsp chocolate powder (I used Green & Blacks, as I was out of raw cacao but since cacao isn't 'raw' anyway, I'm not sure how much of a difference it really made), 1 tsp raw carob powder, 5 soaked medjool dates, 1 avocado, 1tsp extra virgin coconut oil and water to blend. It was SO sweet. I love sweets, but I could barely eat half of it. Next time, I'd use less dates or leave them out completely. The next time I make this, I'm going to make it into a raw 'pie'.

The shepherds pie is my own little creation. Recipe is here on vegweb.

At the weekend I went to see the comedian Jim Jeffries at Leicester Square. A lot of the material I'd heard him do at the last gig we saw, but he was still superfunny and very tasteless. Yay!




I didn't get to give blood on Friday. They said they had too many walk-ins and made me another appointment for November. They seemed to be turning away quite a few people. It was being held in a church hall, and it was pretty surreal, with people laying on hospital beds, giving blood in the middle of the room. Very weird. I would have thought they would have had makeshift cubicles or something. Oh well. November it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment